12oz Alto Bonito. Read more below. Available whole bean or ground to your liking. Select options below:
FINCA ALTO BONITO – EDUIN HERNANDEZ – HONEY PROCESSED
What makes this coffee unique is its production. Part of the crop was produced as a natural and the other as a red honey coffee. This particular coffee is a blend of both with 70% being honey process and the other 30% natural process. The result is an exceptionally delicate and clean cup of coffee with striking strawberry fruit flavors up front and dark chocolate (90% cacao) as it cools.
Eduin Hernandez is part of the Cedro Alto coffee collective – a group of small farmers who band together to have a larger voice. Each member of the collective sends samples of their harvest – or microdot – to the Cedro Alto cupping lab. At the lab they cup everything that arrives, give detailed feedback, and if cup quality reaches the agreed-upon level, the collective pre-finances the farmer, effectively purchasing their parchment coffee up front, minus costs. It is then the collective’s responsibility to mill, export, import, warehouse, market, and sell the collective member’s coffee to a roaster. The farmer remains protected since they have already been paid.
Black Sheep has been working with the Cedro Alto coffee collective for nearly 4 years and is proud to showcase this very unique coffee from Eduin Hernandez.
Altitude – 1800m
Region: Herrera, Tolima, Colombia
Processing – 30% natural 70% red honey
Flavor and Brew Recommendations
V60 – strawberry, cocoa, crisp
Espresso – strawberry, rhubarb, sugar, crazy sweet
Recommended brew methods – V60 pour over
recipe – 22 grams ground coffee
water – 350 grams 200 degree water
Time – 3:30
|Dimensions||8 × 4 × 2 in|
Whole Bean, French Press, V-cone / Pour Over, Flat Bottom Drip, Aeropress, Chemex